ABOUT SCOTT ROLLE
Scott Rolle is the most qualified defense attorney in Maryland. After working in private practice (1991-1994), Scott served three consecutive terms as Frederick County's States Attorney ( 1995-2007). While States Attorney, he managed and supervised a staff of 75 attorneys, investigators, and administrators. His responsibilities included the investigation and prosecution of hundreds of serious criminal cases and many complex jury trials. During his term of office, Scott personally investigated and tried over thirty homicide cases. The successful prosecution experience and legal expertise that Mr. Rolle developed while States Attorney, now provides the foundation for a private practice that offers substantial and effective criminal defense representation. Scott Rolle has successfully defended many high profile cases, both in private practice and U.S. Military Court. He now maintains Law Offices in Frederick, MD while concurrently serving as Major, 154th. Legal Support Organization, JAG Corps, U.S. Army Reserve. Major Rolle has served two tours of active duty, including service in Iraq where he successfully defended an international profile case associated with activity at Abu Ghraib prison.
EDUCATION AND BAR
- University of Dayton, B.A., 1984
- Ohio Northern University Law School, J.D., 1986
- Admitted to the Maryland Bar 1991, West Virginia Bar 1986
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Law Institute, 1997
- United States Federal Court 2007
- United States Army Court of Special Appeals 2008
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Mount Saint Mary's College
- 2006 Recipient of the prestigious Maryland Leadership in Law Award, presented by the Daily Record, Maryland's legal publication
- Major, U.S Army Reserves
- Received many U.S. Army awards including the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf clusters
- Presented with the Governor's Citation for work as Chief Narcotics Prosecutor
Scott Rolle has provided legal commentary and expertise both on national television and radio. He has appeared on: "Larry King Live", "The O'Reilly Factor", "Fox News with Rita Crosby", CNN's "Burden of Profit", and others. Mr. Rolle has been quoted on legal issues in the Washington Post, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and other publications.